Friday, August 22, 2008

Job Hunting

Heather: I have been pounding the pavement all week looking for a job. There are a lot of jobs available but they all start no sooner than two to six months or are close to 10 hours per week, minimum wage, seasonal, blah blah blah. We may just have to live on dry beans until I can find something substantial. I am quite excited about the possibility of working for Wheatsfield. Wheatsfield is a small grocery store co-op that specializes in local produce, organic produce and other products, and imported goodies. They are in the process of expanding which includes building a bigger store for more products. So in January, they will be hiring more staff. I feel like I made a good enough impression on the managment when dropping off my resume that I am confident I only have to hold a 10-hour-minimum-wage job until then and I will be hired. One of these 10-hr-min-wg-ers that I am talking abou is a movie theater in college town that I interviewed for. The manager was very nice. The atmosphere seems relaxed and friendly. I hear from him on Saturday.

Jamie started school Monday. Maybe I can convince him to post something about that.... More updates coming soon!

1 comment:

__________ said...

Good luck finding a job! It's hard out there for sure. We really miss you guys over here. Stephen's friend John has finally started coming to Terrible Tuesday and we recently watched "Fido." It's really hilarious.